- January 26, 2014
- 659 Views
Chocolate fudge brownies
With time to spare on a Saturday and not having baked for a while, I thought what better way to spend my morning than whipping up some chocolate fudge brownies and filling the house with a delicious chocolate smell.
The other reason I couldn’t wait to make these brownies was I got a new mixing bowl! I’ve hunted for ages for one I liked and then saw this beauty.
It’s part of Premier’s new Pastel Sweet Heart Collection, items start at £2.49 up to £25 for the mixing bowl, I thought I’d start with a good mixing bowl and then build up my collection. It holds 2.5L and is a pretty good size, and if you’re like me you end up with stuff spilling out over the edges, don’t worry this won’t happen again! It has a lovely raised heart pattern and comes in either cool green or pretty pink. I choose the cool green. It didn’t say on the mixing bowl that it’s dishwasher safe but mines has just been in and survived. I think this mixing bowl will be around for a long time to come thanks to it’s sturdy and robust nature. I’ve just noticed I failed to read the packaging and my mixing bowl is both dish washer and microwave safe.In the range there is also all the baking essentials; mixing bowl, storage canisters, jug, ramekins and three baking dishes pretty enough for any tabletop presentation. Premier’s range is stocked on Amazon or for independent stockists you can contact Premier Housewares.
- 200g butter, chopped plus extra for greasing
- 200g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 250g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 125g plain flour
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/ gas 4. Grease a shallow 23cm/9in square tin with butter and line the base with baking paper, leaving some hanging over the edges to make removing the brownies easier.
2. In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate over a low heat, until the chocolate has just melted. Be careful not to burn it! Stir it constantly with a wooden spoon, then remove from the heat.
Current home: Edinburgh, Scotland, She loves holidays, him, good food, cooking, baking, wine,
- March 16, 2018
- 918 Views
- September 13, 2014
- 637 Views