- November 6, 2013
- 383 Views
Crab, Tomato and Goat’s Cheese Risotto
So it’s week three of our Fish is the Dish challenge. Only one more week left after this. You can check out our week one and week two efforts but this week we are using tinned crab. I’ve never used crab before never mind tinned crab so was looking for something simple and quick to cook that I could add the crab too. We’d previously made a tomato and goats cheese risotto before which I’d added chorizo to, I thought it would work well with the crab instead.
Serves 3-4 | Prep time 10 minutes | cooking time 20-25 minutes |
- 20g salted butter
- 10ml olive oil
- 3 tomatoes – cored, seeded and diced
- ¼ Spanish onion – diced
- ½ garlic clove – crushed
- 220g Arborio rice
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 170g white crab meat in brine – drained
- 70g goats cheese – sliced
- Pinch of salt
1. Heat the oil over a moderate heat and add the onion as well as garlic to the pan. Sauté until the onion softens. Then add the tomatoes and seasoning. Sauté for a further 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the rice, mix thoroughly and sauté for 3-4 minutes. You can add the optional roasted vegetables at this stage.
3. Gradually add the vegetable stock, stirring until all the liquid is absorbed.
4. Continue stirring until the rice is tender and creamy but still firm, then add the butter and cream.
5. Add the crab meat to the rice and stir.
6. To serve, top with basil and cheese
Let us know if you try it out. Next week will be our final week and I’ve got to think of an interesting way to serve rollmop herrings, if you have any suggestions please send them our way.
Current home: Edinburgh, Scotland, She loves holidays, him, good food, cooking, baking, wine,