- December 2, 2014
- 209 Views
Fish is the Dish Challenge
We were contacted by Fish is the Dish to take on the challenge of creating 4 fish based dishes over the course of the next four weeks, the only challenge being the recipes must include an affordable form of fish. Everyone would love to be able to cook with the freshest of produce but sometimes this isn’t always possible so we’re going to come up with 4 recipes using salmon fillets, tinned white crab meat, tinned mackerel in tomato sauce and rollmops. Our first recipe is a simple one using the salmon, Mr Edinburger’s mum first introduced me to this.
Bread crumb & cream cheese topped salmon fillets.
Serves – 2 α Prep time – 10 minutes α Cooking time – 20 minutes
- 2 salmon fillets
- Soft cream cheese
- 50g bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to season
- Herbs if you fancy to season breadcrumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Lightly grease a baking tray and place salmon fillets onto.
- Spread the cream cheese along the fillet, put a good thick layer on.
- For the bread crumbs I blitzed 2 slices of wholemeal bread my hand held processor.
- Mix a little salt and pepper through the breadcrumbs and add in the herbs if you like.
- Place the breadcrumbs onto the cream cheese topping. Making sure to press them slightly into the cheese.
- Place in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes.
- Serve with crushed baby potatoes and a side of veg.
Have a go and let us know how you get on. Next week we’ll be cooking up something different using the tinned mackerel.
Current home: Edinburgh, Scotland, She loves holidays, him, good food, cooking, baking, wine,