- September 13, 2014
- 0 Views
Glasgow’s First Indoor Street Food Hub
So we’ve been a little out of the loop recently but not so much that we’ve heard all about Glasgow’s First Indoor Street Food Hub. Taste Buchanan launched last week, transforming the top of the Buchanan Galleries in to a colourful pop-up food hub with an ever-changing line up of Scotland’s best food producers ready to serve the hungry Glasgow public seven days a week, so say cheerio to old, drab food courts and hello tasty food.
Taste Buchanan is now open to the public, with a mouth-watering array of traders serving up the likes of gourmet hot dogs, lip-smacking waffles, sour dough pizzas and Asian bao buns all washed down with a Scottish craft beer and cocktail bar.
Taste Buchanan is an innovative partnership between Buchanan Galleries and StreetDots, who are behind similar ventures in London. Inverness-born Atholl Milton, founder of StreetDots, said:
“The timing is right for bringing this to Glasgow. There’s such an appetite in the city for interesting food, with great ingredients at a decent price. We’ve got some of Scotland’s most exciting traders coming together to offer up something a bit different and there’s always going to be something new for people to try.
“Taste Buchanan is also giving the traders the chance to experiment and really play with ideas without the pressure of having to take on a restaurant. We’ve got chefs starting up whole new brands for the launch and we’re really proud to be able to give that opportunity. There are eight incredible traders joining us for the launch and we’ll be seeing dozens more in the coming year. We’re so excited about finding out who’ll be joining us in making Taste Buchanan the best place in Glasgow for the newest trends in street food.”
The first line up of traders includes:
- The Buffalo Farm, a family business from Fife, who now run three butcher shops, a busy event catering business as well as supplying an ever-growing portfolio of restaurants and hotels. Passionate about producing the highest quality meats, poultry and game, Buffalo Farm will be serving up a host of dishes including their specialty water buffalo burgers – a favourite with celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay!
- Glasgow based street food company Chompsky are serving up fresh, steamed bao buns at Taste Buchanan. They will also be showcasing their signature style which is packed with Asian fusion flavours, and they have everything from hoisin pulled pork and teriyaki prawns to Korean fried glazed chicken on the menu.
- Designer Cakes by Paige will have handmade cupcakes, cake pops and decadent truffles for everyone to enjoy.
- Equi’s are providing the sweet treats, and have been serving up the finest ice cream for more than 90 years. A family run business which still use recipes which have been passed down through four generations, they have a menu full of the public’s favourite flavours and indulgent ice cream delights.
- Nomad Pizza will be delivering a variety of handmade, authentic pizzas. Their signature sourdough pizzas cook in ninety seconds and are topped with the finest Italian inspired ingredients.
- Slàinte Mhath are providing the bar at Taste Buchanan and will be serving up a host of craft beers, spirits and cocktails. A Scottish themed venue from the team at Perfect Parties Slàinte Mhath will be pouring the finest craft drinks, all with a Scottish twist.
- Surf Dogs, inspired by touring the United States, Surf Dogs are passionate about creating the most adventurous and delicious hot dogs on the market, and will be serving them up with authentic American sides.
- Union Waffles serves up fried chicken and hot sauce on an American waffle. The unusual flavour combination inspired them to push the boundaries even further and experiment with a vast range of sweet and savoury options. They will also be serving up fresh coffees and refreshments.
Taste Buchanan will open to the public on Friday August 19, trading seven days a week from 11am to 7pm most days 8pm on a Thursday and 6pm on a Sunday.
You can keep up to date by following them on facebook at www.facebook.com/tastebuchanan
Current home: Edinburgh, Scotland, She loves holidays, him, good food, cooking, baking, wine,