- September 4, 2016
- 209 Views
Lamb and Pasta Pot
This dish is perfect if you’re entertaining the family. It’s proper hearty, comfort food and uses minimal dishes in the process! Definitely a winner in our house.
| Prep time – 10 minutes | Cooking time – 50 minutes | Serves 4 |
- 1 half a leg of lamb roasting joint, approx 1.1kg total weight
- 125g smoked streaky bacon
- 150ml red wine
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes with chilli or 400g passata
- 150g pasta shapes
- 12 sunblush tomatoes
- 150g chargrilled artichokes in oil
- A handful of basil leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (fan oven 180ºC). Put the lamb and bacon into a small deep roasting tin and fry for 5 minutes or until the lamb is brown all over and the bacon is beginning to crisp.
- Remove the lamb and put to one side. Pour the red wine into the tin with the bacon – it should bubble immediately. Stir well, scraping the base to loosen any crusty bits, then leave to bubble until half the wine has evaporated. Stir in 400mL water and add the chopped tomatoes or passata, the pasta and sunblush tomatoes.
- Put the lamb on a rack over the roasting tin so that the juices drip into the pasta. Cook, uncovered, in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- Stir the artichokes into the pasta and put everything back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the lamb is tender and the pasta is cooked. Slice the lamb thickly and serve with the pasta, garnished with basil.
We love it served up with some fresh green beans and crusty bread.
Enjoy and let us know if you try it!
Current home: Edinburgh, Scotland, She loves holidays, him, good food, cooking, baking, wine,