- September 7, 2016
- 0 Views
Saturday afternoon Gin cocktails
Well, who are we to say no to a cocktail making kit with the aim of coming up with our favourite gin cocktail. Given that gin seems to be the spirit of choice just now and long gone are my vodka drinking days. The number of gin palaces popping up all over the place shows how much we’re in love with gin. This seemed like a perfect Saturday afternoon activity and we had so much fun we’ve actually come up with 2 cocktails for you.
The Edinburger Fizz
- 50ml Gin
- 25ml elderflower cordial
- 50ml tonic
- Mint leaves
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- Prosecco to top up
- Measure the gin, elderflower cordial and lime juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle in the shaker with mint leaves.
- Pop some ice into the shaker and shake until chilled.
- Strain into your glass of choice
- Measure in tonic and top up with prosecco. For a slightly less alcoholic version just top up with tonic.
We found Gin Gin mule online and as Mr E loves ginger beer we thought it would be worth a try
Gin Gin Mule
- 50ml gin
- 25ml grenadine
- mint leaves
- 75ml prosecco
- Ginger beer to top up with
- Muddle the gin and grenadine in the shaker with the mint leaves
- Pour in some ice and shake until chilled
- Measure in the prosecco.
- Strain into your serving glass
- Top up with ginger beer and garnish with mint leaves.
Now remember if you give any of these a go, don’t forget to tweet or tag us on instagram and let us know how you get on and also what you think.
Current home: Edinburgh, Scotland, She loves holidays, him, good food, cooking, baking, wine,