- December 16, 2015
- 126 Views
Spaghetti Bolognese with a Kick
With the cold winter still with us, what better way to heat up than with spaghetti bolognese with a difference. The addition of Galloway Chilli’s Chilli Jam to our tried and tested recipe it definitely warms you up.
Serves 4 ∝Prep time 10 minutes ∝ Cooking time 20 minutes
What you need
- 500g lean steak mince
- 5 chestnut mushrooms
- 390g carton of chopped tomatoes with chilli
- 10 sundried tomatoes
- 1/2 tube tomato puree
- 2 tablespoons Galloway Chilli Chilli Jam
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1 clove of garlic
What to do
- Firstly chop up the mushrooms, onion and sundried tomatoes.
- Fry the onions until softened and then add the mince.
- Cook the mince until browned.
- Add the chopped mushrooms, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and sundried tomatoes.
- Crush in the clove of garlic and add the chilli jam.
- Stir and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with spaghetti and crusty garlic bread.
Current home: Edinburgh, Scotland, She loves holidays, him, good food, cooking, baking, wine,