- January 9, 2017
- 0 Views
Tomato and Basil Risotto
So we’ve been asked to recreate a Tomato and Basil Risotto which is one of several dishes on Sunrise Senior Living’s menu. They have a bunch of award winning chefs who cook up nutritious and tasty meals not just for the elderly, but everyone. At Sunrise, the residential care they provide is more than what you might expect in an ordinary care home for older people, assisted living allows the individual to live as independent life as possible.
Here’s how we got on recreating their dish.
Basil and Tomato Risotto – Serves 4
- 20g salted butter
- 10ml olive oil
- 3 tomatoes – cored, seeded and diced
- ¼ Spanish onion – diced
- ½ garlic clove – crushed
- 220g Arborio rice
- 400ml vegetable stock
- 20ml double cream
- 30g fresh basil – chopped
- 70g goats cheese – sliced
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Pinch of salt
- Roasted vegetables (optional):
100g butternut squash – diced and roasted
½ red pepper – diced and roasted
1. Heat the oil over a moderate heat and add the onion as well as garlic to the pan. Sauté until the onion softens. Then add the tomatoes and
seasoning. Sauté for a further 3-4 minutes.
2. Add the rice, mix thoroughly and sauté for 3-4 minutes. You can add the optional roasted vegetables at this stage.
3. Gradually add the vegetable stock, stirring until all the liquid is absorbed.
4. Continue stirring until the rice is tender and creamy but still firm, then add the butter and cream.
5. To serve, top with basil and cheese.
Nutritional Info (per serving) this is without the added chicken and chorizo
- Energy 283kcals
- Salt 1.1g
- Fat 12.2g
- Saturated Fat 7.1g
- Sugars 2.4g
We loved this. It’s simple easy to make and you probably have most of the ingredients in your cupboard. We added in some chorizo and chicken to give it a meat element. Mr Edinburger isn’t a non-meat dish fan. We’ll definitely be trying this again!
Many thanks to Receptional for providing the money for the ingredients!
Current home: Edinburgh, Scotland, She loves holidays, him, good food, cooking, baking, wine,
- June 16, 2014
- 0 Views
- February 6, 2014
- 0 Views