“Fair fa’ your honest, sonsie face, Great chieftain o the puddin’-race!”
Just because you can’t eat out for Burns night and celebrate the great bard in traditional fashion this year, doesn’t mean you have to miss out on first class Haggis, Neeps & Tatties on the 25th January! A few of Edinburgh’s top restaurants are coming to the rescue with their dine at home Burns supper offerings.
We’ve done our best to include accurate information below but please be sure to check all details with the relevant restaurant.
List of Edinburgh & Lothian Restaurants Offering Dine at Home Burns Supper
- Angels with Bagpipes:
- One of our favourite restaurants at home during the first lockdown. They’re offering a Burns Supper at Home: Five course menu £70 per person including a cocktail. Check out their page for the full menu. Delivery or collection Saturday 23rd or Sunday 24th January. Full menu here
- Burns Supper at Home: Three course menu £30 per person. Or add a nip of 10yo Glengoyne Whisky for £35 per person. Smoked Salmon, Haggis, Neeps & Tatties and Cranachan. Delivery or Collection 20th – 23rd January. Click here for full details and to order.
- Burns Night Celebration Box: From £140 for two people. 5 course menu for two. Each box will contain a copy of the poem ‘Address to a Haggis’ and a dram of whisky to toast our national bard. Delivery Saturday 23rd (national & Edinburgh) or Monday 25th (Edinburgh only). Click here for full details and to order.
- Humbie Hub
- Burns Supper Takeaway: Three courses including a drink for £16.95 per person (£8.75 for child’s portion). Collection on 23rd between 10am – 3pm. Click here for full details and to order.
- Edinburgh School of Food & Wine
- Cafe St Honore
- Cafe at Home Burns Night: Five courses plus coffee for £37.50 per person. Available Thursday 21st, Friday 22nd, Saturday 23rd. Collect on the 23rd for Burns night (will keep well in fridge for 2 days). Click here for full details and to order.
- The Little Chartroom
- The little Chartroom sold out super quick for their Burns Night Supper with Glenfiddich. As it was so popular they’re doing a very similar menu the whole weekend before, just without the whisky. Check it out here.
- The Torfin
- Burns Supper Live Cook: An indulgent 3 course menu celebrating all things Scottish. Pipe Major Iain Grant will be with you live in the comfort of your own living room – addressing the Haggis & piping. Then we head to the Torfin kitchen for a live cook along for your main course. Available Monday 25th January priced at £29 per person. You can find the full menu here and how to order.
- Edinburgh Food Social
- Burns Supper: Priced at £34 per person you can expect Organic root vegetable and chicken broth with beremeal bannocks and homemade butter, churned from Mossgiel Farm organic cream to start, a main course of Findlay’s haggis Wellington with mustard mash, pickled neeps, kale and a port & red wine reduction and a tasty dessert of treacle tart laced with Ardmore and lemon, Katy Rogers creme fraiche. They’ve also included a little treat of Isle of Skye salted tablet. Detials for ordering and delivery can be found here.
- Mimis Bakehouse
- Burns Night Tea: Mimis are offering their afternoon tea but with a Scottish twist. You can expect black pudding sausage rolls, haggis neeps and tatties pies to tablet fudge slice and snowball crunch. Priced at £40 per 2 people it’s great value. Check out more on their website.
- Burns Supper for Two: Their ‘Burn’s Supper’ is a classic three course menu of traditional dishes served with a small bottle of Balvenie Double Wood 12yr old whisky, enough for two doubles. Priced at £70 per couple, you can find out more about their ordering and menu here.
- 3 Birds Edinburgh
- Burns Supper for Two: a 4 course set menu covering all the traditional favourites and the option to add a cheese course for an extra £10. See their website for more information on ordering and collection.
- Pinkertons Food
- Burns Supper: Choose between 2 courses at £21.50 per person or 3 courses at £25.50 per person. You can look forward to a starter of venison, mains of lamb and a cranachan doughnut for dessert. To find out more about ordering and delivery click here.
We will update the list above as soon as further details become available and if we become aware of any other eateries offering a Burns Dine at Home option. As always if you would like to be added to the list please drop us a message or leave a comment below.
If you do decide to try out any of the options above please tag us on social media to let us know what you thought / raise a virtual toast and enjoy a wee dram.