So what else to do on a bank holiday but make some cakes.
If you’re from anywhere in Ireland you’ll know straight away what the ingredients below makes, if not it’s Fifteens.
So what will you need;
- 15 marshmallows
- 15 glacier cherries
- 15-20 digestive biscuits
- Approx 200ml of condensed milk.
- desiccated coconut
- Crush up the digestive biscuits into a fine powder, chop up the cherries and marshmallows into small pieces, make them as small as you like. I tend to leave them pretty chunky.
- Next place in a mixing bowl and pour in the condensed milk.
- Next give it a good mix. This is easier done with your hands but it does get pretty sticky.
- When it’s all mixed up, get yourself some tinfoil to wrap it up in. Place the tinfoil on the bench and sprinkle some desiccated coconut over it. Make sure you have a good sprinkling of it as it stops the mixture from sticking to the tin foil.
- Next up, make the mixture into a log shape on the tin foil. Make it as thick or thin as you like.
- The final product should look like this all wrapped up.
- Place in the fridge for a good 3-4 hours. This allows it to set and makes it easier to cut into slices.
- Hopefully you’ve ended up with something like this. If not it’ll still taste good. I tend to find it takes about 20 digestive biscuits but depending on how sticky you like it, you can use between 15 and 20.