Anyone who reads our blog and follows us on social media will know that we’re often spotted writing about or drinking coffee. So when Lavazza coffee got in touch and asked us to help promote their range of online recipes to show that there is more to do with coffee than just drink it we were all over it. The aim was to experiment with delicious Italian coffee to create whatever takes your fancy. Be it drinks, cocktails, cakes to savoury dishes.
We thought we’d go with something sweet and give it a little bit of a boost. We’ve made these using a couple of spoonfuls of coffee but depending on how much you like your coffee you can add more or less. In this recipe we’ve used Lavazza’s Anniversary blend which is their 100% Brazilian Arabica coffee with delicate hints of chocolate and caramel we thought this would be a great addition to granola bars. This might not be the healthiest of recipes but everyone deserves a little treat now and again.
Lavazza Coffee and Chocolate Granola Bars
- 1/4 cup of salted butter
- 1/4 cup of honey
- 1/3 cup of soft brown sugar
- 2 teaspoonful of Lavazza Coffee
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups of rolled oats
- 2 1/4 cups of chocolate rice krispies
- Place the butter, honey and sugar in a saucepan at a medium to low heat. Stirring gently until everything is melted.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the lavazza coffee and cocoa powder.
- Keep stirring until everything is dissolved and mixed together.
4. Add the oats a little at a time. Keep stirring until all the oats added and covered.
5. Next add the chocolate cereal, adding a little at a time and stirring well.
6. Next add any nuts, chocolate chips or anything else you might want to add and stir well.
7. Grease a baking tray and press the mixture firmly into the dish.
8. Leave it time to set and then cut into snack size pieces. The size and number of pieces will depend on the depth of tray you used and how big you cut them.